Tunieie-Tribune ( ASUS Republic of Gamers ) – Both new flagships will be displayed for the first time after CES, in Dubai, UAE on January 15th at the Asus ROG Middle East Launch Event.
Mothership: New type of desktop-replacement gaming laptop featuring the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics, an Intel Core i9 processor, and cutting-edge connectivity
Zephyrus S:Ultraslim gaming laptop features NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics, up to a 144Hz refresh rate, and a PANTONE Validated, super-narrow bezel 17″ display
- Rethink the form factor: Innovative standing design increases airflow, while a versatile keyboard lets users play the way they want
- Cutting-edge performance for gaming and more: Powered by a factory-overclocked Intel Core i9 CPU and GeForce RTX 2080 GPU, with a RAID 0 array
- Immersive gaming:3” FHD IPS-level 144Hz/3ms display with G-SYNC technology; ESS Sabre DAC and front‑facing speakers provide rich audio
- Featuring the latest cutting-edge NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q design graphics, and powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor
- Includes a PANTONE Validated super-narrow bezel 17” display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms GTG response time
- Switchable graphics mode with Optimus mode to prolong battery life and Discrete mode to activate NVIDIA G-SYNC
ASUSRepublic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Mothership (GZ700), a new desktop replacement that redefines the gaming laptop form factor. Instead of sitting flat, ROG Mothership stands tall to draw more air into its advanced cooling system. Its keyboard detaches and folds to fit different scenarios, giving users the freedom to find the perfect position, and the innovative design leaves enough room to put all the speakers right below the screen.
ASUS ROG also announced Zephyrus S (GX701), an ultraslim gaming laptop that takes hardcore gaming to the next level. Zephyrus S GX701 features a 17-inch display with a 144Hz refresh rate, and frames it with super-narrow bezels. It also adds NVIDIA G-SYNC™ and Optimus™ technology into the mix. The PANTONE® Validated panel is ideal for immersive gaming or serious content creation. Even with these upgrades and a much larger screen, Zephyrus S GX701 maintains an impressively slender profile and surprisingly compact footprint. It’s more immersive, powerful, and versatile than any Zephyrus before without sacrificing the portability that defines the family.
The new GeForce RTX GPU unlocks new capabilities
Based on the new NVIDIA Turing™ architecture, this cutting-edge chip combines traditional CUDA cores for programmable shading with new RT cores, for ray tracing, and Tensor cores, for AI processing. Games can leverage these hardware resources to improve the quality of lighting, shadows, reflections, and other effects that make graphics feel more lifelike. Beyond gaming, a variety of applications can also use the RT cores to accelerate a range of tasks that includes content creation, scientific modeling and deep learning, allowing ROG Mothership& ROG Zephyrus S to be utilized as a portable workstation. Intent on having the best of both worlds, ASUS engineers developed an exclusive GPU switch that lets users select G-SYNC and Optimus modes. With a few clicks and a reboot, ROG Mothership transforms from a gaming powerhouse with buttery-smooth graphics to a productivity workhorse with longer battery life.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
Availability & pricing for both products will be announced during the ASUS ROG ME Launch event on January 15th.